December 28th, 2010
How to List and Optimize Your Business on Google Places (Google Local Search); Step By Step Guide
With recent Google Search algorithm changes, it’s become mandatory for all local business to list there business on Google Place and ensure higher ranking. Now if you search for a local service or products on Google, Google search results brings you the local listings on the 75% of the first page of the search result. For example, here is an image of Google Search of “Pizza in Delhi”:
As you know, most important part of any business is to get local customers first, especially if they do business only locally. So now its time to optimize your Google Places listing that is an important source to get more local customers towards website/business.
At the time of submission on Local business please ensure that there is no keywords spamming and your listing is 100% accurate compare to Google Local business Quality Guidelines. Here are step by step guidelines for Local business submission on Google Places:
- Open “Google Places“
- Sign In with your Google (Gmail) Account, if you don’t have a Google account you can “Create a new Google Account” and sign in.
- Click on “List Your Business” button.
- Select Correct Country.
- Insert your phone number.
- Insert your phone number then click on “Find Business Information”. If there is any business listed on the same phone number you have entered, Google will ask you to edit the business listings available on the same number. If you have found your business name on the list of business appear then you can click on “Edit” otherwise click on “Add a new listing”. Now you can find a list of blank form start with country, then company/organization etc.
- Add correct company/organization name, don’t stuff keywords in business name.
- Insert Company Physical Address including State, City/Town and PIN Code Correctly
- Insert Main Phone, Fax & Alternative Numbers [Number Format: “(650) 555-4000”]
- Insert correct Email Address
- Insert Website address correctly (If you don’t have any website you can also do local submission)
- Add a short description that describes your business exactly. Please don’t try to write description with keywords stuffing.
- Then insert categories that match your services. You can add up to 5 categories. Make sure at least first category should be from “Google’s suggestion”. Here is compressive list of Google Local Categories (You can view the category list by Clicking the “View all categories” option at “http://www.google.com/support/places/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=28247&topic=28291&answer=178024″ ).
- Please add “Service Areas and Location Settings” on the given place. If offer service product only from your location, please select option “No”, otherwise you can choose area searved by your with name of location or service area by MI or KM.
- Select your correct working hours. (This will help customers know when you’re open!)
- Select the Payment options your company accept. (how customers can pay at your business)
- Choose photos of your business services, logos, portfolio images (you can upload up to 10 photos). Your photos should not contain the followings: Illegal content, violations of copyright, trademark infringement, pornography, incitement of violence, promotions of hate & invasion of privacy. Also note that its advisable to upload as much photo of your business as you can.
- You can enhance your listing by associating videos about your business. You can add upto 5 video of your business. Please upload your business video on YouTube first, then just add the link of your video on Google Local listing centre. It’s recommended to add at least one video.
- Please share additional details for your business on “Additional Details” section. You can add other details like brands, service details, and menu; parking details, Facebook, Twitter etc your business at addition details section. You can also add URL of special pages of your website this section. Read more about additional details here.
- Finally now it’s the step of verification. Select verification method as you like. The easier and quicker way is phone verification. You can also choose SMS or Post card verification. On all verification process Google will provide you unique 5 digits PIN, you need to add that PIN on Google Places listing Canter.
Now Your Listing is Live!!
- After activation you can create coupons for your visitors. If your business provides any coupon then add it to your listing on Google Local. This will motivate visitors to use product/services offer by your company/organization.
- You can also use Google Tags to promote your listing. These days Google offer a free trail of 30 days. It will change you $25 per month.
Posted by adminEmail This Post